Jun 20, 2011

Movie Mondays!


Crank 2 is a cartoon but what a wonderful cartoon it is! Full of violence, gore and sex, it uses every trick available to take its assault of the senses up a notch. Think of it as a B-movie with incredible production values, it doesn’t give you time to think about the plausibility of anything until after it’s over but what a great ride! Also, it goes by soooo fast you’ll undoubtedly miss the many little touches thrown into the film. I have rarely seen a movie that gets it as well as Crank. It is a perfect visual ballet and worth watching if only as a textbook on how to use quick cuts and camera effects right.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: